I used to think fall was my favorite time of year, and maybe if I lived somewhere where fall was a little more fall-ish, it still would be. But as I grow older, see wiser, I realize that it really must be spring that I love most.
Spring in Florida really is the perfect time of year.
I love spring for a multitude of reasons. Let me tell you why…
- everyone up north (especially this year thanks to the good ol’ polar vortex) is envious of us. Finally, those northern states with all their pretty fall leaves are envious of us for something!
- warm days & cool nights
- springing forward, I love when the sun stays up past 7 pm & the kids can play outside to their hearts content, even if it means we “lose” an hour of sleep.
- sprucing up our yard, give me pink, yellow, orange, red, purple, every color flower you can find. In the ground or in a basket, hanging or otherwise.
- not having to layer up. I love a good sweater, boot, scarf combo when it comes to dressing for cold weather but too many days of it and I’m over it. I really must be a southern girl at heart.
- slow, peaceful days. The fall is such a rush because of the holidays. In the spring you get to just sit back & enjoy it all. Our weekends right now have been my absolute favorite and it’s because they’ve been filled with a whole lot of nothing other than being together.
What is your favorite time of year? Or has it changed like mine has over the years?