You know I’m big on lists. Every season I post a new to-do list on the blog in order to keep myself in check. Lately Mike & I have been compiling a list of things to-do around the house so I totally need to update that portion of my to-do list when I get around to making my Summer List. Until then however, I’ve decided to make a list of Summer don’ts. In no specific order (well, the last one might be placed a little strategically…):
10. Do not schedule something every day of the week to do with the kids. By doing this, the summer will go by way too quickly. Take some time to just R&R at home.
9. With that being said, do not spend every day in your pajamas at home. Honestly, I want to allow myself to spend only one day a week in pjs around the house. Any more than that and I might turn into a lazy mess.
8. Do not punk out on making dinner. All school year, I rush home to whip up a half-ass dinner. This summer I plan to meal-plan as best I can and really put together some new dishes.
7. Do not spend too much money. Seriously, being home for the summer does not mean to go shopping with the kids at Target or get Happy Meals for lunch every day.
6. Do not get sun burnt. The FL sun is horrible & a pink momma would not be happy momma!
5. Do not go anywhere near a theme-park. Not that we normally do during the hot, over-crowded by tourist summer months…but with kids sometimes you get the idea it might be fun. Do not.
4. Do not spend every day indoors because of the heat. Enjoy the backyard & new pergola of shade while relaxing in the little kiddie splash pool with Tucker & the girls.
3. Do not stay up too late. I am a night owl by nature (hello, it’s 4:13 am as I write this, and I’ve been up since 3 am because I couldn’t sleep). You do have to deal with the kids all day, so staying up to the wee hours of the morning will not be good come time they get up!
2. Do not skip out on trips to the library for story time or a visit to see Yaya just because you “don’t feel like it today”…Just go. You’ll be glad you did at the end of the day when you’ve had a great time.
1. Do not count down till the start of school in August!