Big Girl Room Reveal

Now, it’s not finished completely. I have a few odds & ends  to finish, including the L above Lexie’s bed (it broke in the process of putting it on the canvas yesterday, so it’s being fixed right now).

If you know me though, you know I have very little patience when it comes to certain things. So rather than wait for everything to be complete, I just had to share my new favorite room of our house with you now!

Tucker is just dying for me to start his room after seeing the transformation his sisters’ room took this past week & I’m pretty much just as ready as he is, so let the re-decorating continue!

7-10-11

7-10-112

7-10-113

7-10-111

7-10-114

7-10-115

7-10-116

Thrifty Decor Chick

27 Responses to Big Girl Room Reveal

1. Amy says:

Love. Love. Love it! Great job. I am getting ready to do my daughters too. She is six and wants a Puppy theme. I am having fun preparing. Love it.

• Planning is so much fun, making it turn out just how you have it in your head though is a little harder! Ha! I’m sure with a 6 year old that adds in the ideas they want as well! My girls just look at it all & smile at this age! Happy decorating!

2. Heather says:

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!! Love every bit! Too cute!! Did you make those fabric book holders? I need some of those- love them!!

• Thank you! I loved doing their room over, although hitting this milestone is a little sad as well! The book slings were so easy to make, I found a tutorial on a blog. If you go back a few posts of mine to where I talk about planning the girls room the link to the blog with the book slings is there. Let me know if you can’t find it and I can email it to you!

3. How stinkin’ cute is that?! Love it. You did an amazing job. Did you do the lampshade yourself? And, did you do all of the painting on the walls by hand?? Adorable.

• Thanks, Alyson! Yes, I did the lampshade…I actually first did it just the pink & green for their nursery but added the rosettes from leftover fabric from their curtains & book slings to tie it all together. The painting on the walls was done by me as well..the pink & green was from their nursery & the tree was added now.

4. Adin B says:

OMG! That room is so beautiful. I would want to hang out in that room all the time. The colors are so soothing and calm and just perfect for a big girl. No wonder Tucker was ready for his room to be redecorated. 🙂 You did a fabulous job! 🙂 Thanks for sharing.

5. Eschelle says:

That is a lovely job good work!! if only i had the $$ to fly you out here and transform my entire apartment lol!

6. Jayme says:

It turned out amazing!!

7. Wow!! Seems like you were just planning their room like a couple of days ago 😉 It turned out FaNtAsTiC!! LOVE everything about it! I really wanted to put vinyl tree in the girls’ playroom, but knew that they’d peel it off… never thought about painting one! May have to give it a try now! GREAT job!!

• Haha…like I said at the beginning of the post, I’m pretty impatient when it comes to most things. When I put my mind to doing something, I usually don’t stop until it’s done! Sometimes that’s a good quality to have & sometimes not! You could totally do a tree, it was really easy. I just traced it out with pencil first from a picture I found online, then painted it in. I’m going to add some owls & birds to it as well.

8. Amy says:

Awesome!

Where did you get those date of birth hangings? I’d love those for my girls room. Please email me if you get a chance!

Ravergurlies824@yahoo.com

9. Kimberly says:

Heather this is SO cute!! I love how it looks!

10. Melissa says:

LOVE the girl’s “new” room! It looks fantastic…can’t wait to see it in person! I know you worked so hard to put it together!!

11. […] is mostly finished now. Again, with like the girls’ room, I just can’t seem to wait to show ya’ll. Really the only thing I have left to do is finish a […]

12. This is just the sweetest room!! You did an amazing job!

13. […] well. I’ve made a few yarn wreaths, done a few button inspired projects, re-done the kids rooms (here & here) with lots of tips & tricks from Pinterest, crafts with the kids, and much […]

14. Nakia says:

This is SO AMAZING! I just want to make sure I have this right…Did you use a double curtain bracket/rod setup to make the bookcases?

15. Bekki says:

LOVE This room! It is not often I come across a shared room that I like and that looks like it functions well for two. I have 4 children and so we have a boys room and a girls room. The rooms have lots of windows and doors which make it difficult to place furniture. I would love to know what the dimensions of your space is after seeing how you placed the beds in the room. I was always hesitant to place one to close to the window. I would want to spens all day in there. So cute!

16. The paint job on the walls is TO DIE FOR. I adore it! The whole room is great.. you have lucky girls!

17. Kim D. says:

Soooo sweet!! I love everything about this! Those beds are just too cute!!

18. Veronica says:

Love everything about this room!! Thanks for sharing. Visiting from Thrifty Decor Chick party!
    Veronica recently posted..Ryan’s Room 2012My Profile

19. melany says:

Where did you get the bedding? Love it