Vlog Talk: Best (& Worst) Memory

This week I picked prompt three for Vlog Talk…Wildcard! Do any past prompt you want!

I decided to do a slideshow this week, it’s my first, and it has music, another first! With the girls turning two in less than two weeks I picked the prompt, A Best Memory. For me this goes hand in hand with a worst memory.

One of the best memories I have is the day we brought our girls home from the NICU, after 48 long days. Obviously, a worst memory I have is the 48 excruciatingly long days the girls spent in the NICU after being born 11 weeks early.

This slideshow gives you a peek into what our life was like during that time. We were at the hospital every single day. I think I missed one day, towards the end, because I was just so drained. But one of us, Mike or myself, was there daily. Usually we’d go up together in the evening after Mike got home from work. I’d spend my day with Tucker and then after dinner my parents or Mike’s mom would come to put Tucker to bed & stay with him until we got home. I would go up to the hospital a couple times a week during the day as well. On the weekends we’d usually visit the girls twice each day.

Let’s just say, I knew that 30 minute drive like the back of my hand…most of the time I think we drove it on auto-pilot from being so tired living a double life. The day the girls came home was like a ton of bricks had been lifted off my shoulders. We all were home.

Photobucket

15 Responses to Vlog Talk: Best (& Worst) Memory

1. Kimberly says:

Great job, Heather! I can’t imagine a NICU stay. My heart breaks for all that you’ve gone through. But that last picture? Amazing!
    Kimberly recently posted..Shopping TantrumsMy Profile

• I wouldn’t wish a NICU stay on my worst enemy! But we were very lucky all the same. ours was not as long as some others and our girls had no major issues besides needing to grow, learn to breath, and the whole suck, swallow, breath thing for eating.
      TwinkieTotMom recently posted..Picasa Slideshow TutorialMy Profile

2. Angela says:

I’m so glad everything worked out for you and your family. My son was only in the NICU for four days, but it was exhausting. I can only imagine 48 days.

Precious cargo indeed!
    Angela recently posted..All My HairstylesMy Profile

3. Melissa says:

LOVE the slide show of your miracle babies!! I cannot believe those sweet girls will be two next week! It seems like so long ago…you are one amazing momma!! I still cannot even imagine how you managed it all and came back to work! We’re looking forward to celebrating those little cuties!
    Melissa recently posted..Tales of a Three Year OldMy Profile

4. Yayyyyyyyy!!! I love this!! I love the pictures of them together wearing clothes for the first time. Too cute. You go momma! My babies didn’t have to stay in the hospital so I definitely salute you and your hubby!

Seeing them in the car seats when ya’ll left reminds me of when we took our babies home. Thanks so much for sharing your memories and making me revisit mine.

~Blessings to you all!
    Chari- ChariT’s Inspirational Creations recently posted..Share the Love Featured Artisan!My Profile

5. Galit Breen says:

Sob, sniffle. This was so very touching.

Beautifully done.
    Galit Breen recently posted..My Kids Are the Messiest!My Profile

6. Jessica says:

Precious. They were so tiny. Loved that last picture.
    Jessica recently posted..Online FriendsMy Profile

7. Twinisms says:

I almost cried. I love the pictures of them all snugged up together. I remember those days, in the same crib, leaning on each other like they are one. So sweet!! Thank you for sharing!

8. Teresa says: