I have a list a mile long in my head of goals I have for myself that pertain to social media, from blogging to twitter, and so on. Here’s to trying to get them all down on “paper”.
- Attend a blog conference. (or 2?!) Seriously, this is my no. 1 goal because I want to do it so badly! I see all these great posts of bloggers who have attended various conferences this past year (not to mention all that will come after this weekend from BlogHer11) and it looks like so much fun & inspiring. I need a little inspiration.
- Tweet. I’ve come a long way on twitter since starting my account almost two years ago. I really didn’t get into using twitter until the beginning of this year but I’m no twitter guru yet.
- Build my Facebook Fan Page. I created that quite awhile ago as well, but haven’t done much with it. That will take priority in the months to come.
- Build my readership. This a continual work in progress. I’m happy where it’s been going and continue to work on this. If you read my advice post for new bloggers and pay attention to no.7 & no.8 that is mostly how I do it.
- Build my What’s Cookin’ Wednesday link-up. I have had two people link up, only one of which has come back to link up again. I don’t want to throw in the towel. I continue to keep on-keeping on with it and getting the word out as much as possible and maybe one day (in the near future hopefully) it was start to take off!
- Read, read, read. Since switching from Blogger to WordPress I feel like my blog reading has taken a hit. I used to use the built-in reader at the bottom of my Blogger dashboard and don’t really care for my Google Reader (not really sure why). I read a lot from my phone but tend to comment less when doing so. Any suggestions for blog reading on my computer?
- Spread the love. I started a weekly post to feature other’s posts I find each week that spark interested in me. I like that I’m now getting the word out about other bloggers but want to feature others more through my twitter & facebok pages as well. Linking other’s posts on my facebook page or tweeting or RT about someone else’s post is something I don’t do enough of.
- Meet some blog/twitter friends. There are so many ladies I love communicating with day in & day out. Now I just have to meet them in person. Achieving goal no.1 should help with that!
This post was written in response to the #summerblogsocial Advice for Me: Prompt No.9