What I Wore Wednesday

Excuse my photo this week. It was taken after working 5+ hours in my classroom with the three kids in tow. Yes, you heard me. I took my kids to school to start unpacking my room.

I was only going to pick up my key & class list (class list that is not ready yet, ugh) and let the kids eat lunch there (at Tucker’s request). While they picnicked it out in the middle of my room, I decided to do as much as they’d let me do.

Let’s just say, five hours & three cranky kids later, I was surprised to still be finally leaving. They did a great job occupying themselves (with a little help from some old VHS’s I found & my old VCR, lots of snacks, and crayons & paper) while I got almost all of my boxes unpacked.

I followed up that first visit to my class with another visit last night (sans kids) and got the rest done. So now I just have to get bulletin boards ready and lesson plan next week in between all of our back-to-school meetings and such.

DSC_0919-1

So I paired a floral tank with a  stripe? What do you think? The stripe tank just is awkward from drying it now and I have to put another tank underneath. This was all I had clean and available.

DSC_0921

pleated poppy

33 Responses to What I Wore Wednesday

1. Meagan says:

funny that you chose to mix patterns in the week Lindsey challenged us! haha I really like this look. Nice job, lady.
    Meagan recently posted..What I Wore: Queen BeeMy Profile

2. Look at you mixing prints! Ahead of the trend without even knowing it 😉 Sometimes throwing things on just works!

3. flor says:

You did a great job! I just can’t seem to figure it out yet but I love to look at others floral/striped outfits! 🙂 My neighbors are both teachers.. you guys don’t get paid enough for all that you do. Good luck with getting your class room ready 🙂

4. Laura says:

I think its super cute! I have been loving how retro and cute longer cut offs look. I also mixed patterns this week, it was hard for me, but I was running out of new outfits and I had to get creative.

5. Jessica says:

You look very cute. I would have never thought to do striped and floral together but I think it works for you.
    Jessica recently posted..My Thoughts on BlogHer11My Profile

6. Sarah says:

I love the patterns mixed! I havent been brave enough to try it yet but I think it looks great on you!

7. Krystle says:

So jealous of your classroom! I can’t even get in mine :(. I also just found out today for sure what I am teaching! Lol, so i understand the frustration over your class list! Your outfit was cute!
    Krystle recently posted..A die-hard Alabama fan is about to be tried for allegedly – 08.15.11 – SI VaultMy Profile

8. i actually love the layered tanks with the different patterns. i would’ve never thought to do it, but i think it looks great!

9. Heather says:

Love your summer look – even the two tanks paired together. I have never heard of Bealls before. Have fun getting your classroom ready! 🙂

10. Amy ♥ says:

Everyone is wearing fabulous stripes and I have not jumped on that bandwagon yet! I’m so out of the loop. I love your tank!
    Amy ♥ recently posted..what i wore wednesdayMy Profile

11. Bridget says:

I think the stripes and floral look cute together! I like this meme, I might have to link up soon. It could be embarrassing if I wind up with week after week of the same photo, which is pretty much how I dress.

12. april says:

i love how you layered your tank tops…super cute!
    xoxo

13. I love mixing patterns, especially in subtle ways like that! Cute 🙂
    Nicole (Mrs. Muffins) recently posted..Fair Rides and New FriendsMy Profile

14. momstheword says:

You look darling! I love the stripes and florals together. It’s a very popular decorating theme so why not a fashion theme too?
    momstheword recently posted..What I Wore WednesdayMy Profile

15. angela says:

I like the mixed patterns! You are so cute & still rocking the summer look 🙂
    angela recently posted..This Morning’s PlaylistMy Profile

16. Elena says:

I like the print contrast from the tank under & over. Very cute!
    Elena recently posted..I Love You This MuchMy Profile

17. […] just what I love about blogging & how it changed my life in ways I never expected. One of my What I Wore Wednesday posts was the most viewed for the month…which I’m not sure how when it was of a picture […]