Ok. I am so mad right now. I stayed up late to bake this dessert and as I was taking it out of the oven the pan slipped from my hands and fell onto the oven door. Hubs scraped it up as fast as he could as I snapped away for pictures. & yes, we still ate it. & yes, it was well worth it.
Recipe type/category: Dessert (or even a breakfast pastry?)
Ingredients: 8 oz cream cheese, 2 tubes of crescent roll, 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1/4 cup melted butter, cinnamon sugar to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a square glass baking dish spread one tube of crescent roll and press into the bottom of the dish.
- in a mixing bowl combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla.
- Spread mixture over crescent roll.
- Top with second crescent roll.
- Pour melted butter over top and sprinkle to your liking with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Don’t drop your’s when taking it out of the oven like I did mine. It will be much more enjoyable that way.
My food critics score: 10, even though it looked like hot mess it was still super yummy!
What I’d do differently: Not spill it next time!
Your turn. Link up your latest recipe (mishaps & all if you have them)! Can’t wait to see what you’ve been whipping up in your kitchen! Ugh…now to clean my oven!