Last Friday night, we went to another food truck event in downtown Kissimmee. Oh, how we love these yummy food trucks! It’s going to be an ongoing event starting now, with the trucks rolling in to downtown every first Friday of the month! I figure this gives me just enough time to try every single item on every single truck that attends! Waistline, watch out!
A little iPad reading in bed is always the perfect way to end a busy week. On Saturday morning, we had the first birthday party for little Cooper, it was an adorable party that I still need to blog about! Lexie & I spent a little time the other night together while Mike took the other kids to the store. She loved the one on one time & so did I!
Part of Lexie’s one on one time with me was spent coloring, the other part spend bear sorting! She loved sorting them by colors & then by size. We called them momma bears & baby bears during that part. She’s such a smart little girl!
Lexie loves this spot in my mom & dad’s kitchen. She eats every meal there! The other two ate their breakfast on the couch watching cartoons the morning I took these pictures. Love my pj snuggled kids! Oh, & more Lexie pictures…she loves to pull as many books off of the bookshelf as possible. I love that she loves to read, but can we please just read one at a time, put it back, & then pull out another one?!
The best picture of the week?! Our tax refund came in this week and just hours after it being in our bank account I had spent thousands (yes, you read that right) of dollars paying off old medical bills. For the past two & a half years, since the girls were born 11 weeks early, we’ve been paying monthly minimums on NICU related & other medical bills for the girls and myself. After Lilah’s hospital stay last September (& a pile of bills it resulted in) I decided that this tax refund would pay them all off because I was tired of having to write the eight or so checks each month to the various doctors.
I have one more account to call on and one more statement to receive from one of the ambulances from September and we will be PAID IN FULL on all accounts. Do you know how good that feels? I really have never enjoyed spending money on bills so much in my life as I have this week!
1. I started my blog because I had gotten into reading blogs while the girls were in the NICU. At the time I was trying to find others that had babies at 29 weeks so I could get an idea of what we were in for. After they came home & we settled into our new life with a toddler & twin newborns, I thought a blog would be the perfect way to remember & share everything.
2. One thing I love seeing on other blogs is real life. I like getting a glimpse into everyone else’s “normal”. I also love when I find a blog I can relate to.
3. Something I love about blogging is the therapy I get from spending a little “me time” writing. I also love the connections I’ve made with other women through blogging & the other social media outlets that go along with it.
4. A favorite blog post of mine is too hard to choose. There are so many favorites, I never know how fellow bloggers are able to answer a question like this because I just can’t make up my mind! Ha!
5. Something my friends know about me that I’ve never before mentioned on my blog is hard to think of? I don’t really keep “secrets” form my blog. But, I’m sure there are things I’ve never shared on my blog just because they just haven’t come up yet. I’ll have to think on this one.
6. My new favorite blogs to read are…again, something I find too hard to choose because I read so many! Ha!
7. Some things I tend to avoid doing on my blog are, like Lauren said, being overly negative.
*Be sure to link up with Lauren at The Little Things We Do!