- I was scouring old photos on my laptop the other night and couldn’t stop looking at vintage Tucker pictures. Oh my, I forget what it was like when Tucker was a baby & he was our only one. Honestly? I miss it sometimes. It was so different back then & we had no clue.
- That DOES NOT mean I don’t love my girls. Please don’t think I meant it like that. I promise, I spent my fair share of time ooohing & aaahing over vintage twin pictures, too. And I miss those early days with them as well. I still have lots of regret over their early arrival, NICU time, and the craziness of adjusting to three littles at once. If I knew then what I know now, I’d go back in a heartbeat and re-live it, just to take it all in again.
- With that being said, I’m not so sure I get that “feeling” anymore when I look at old photos of the kids. As much as we wanted four kids, I’m not sure that is part of our plan anymore. And because I’m a planner, it’s hard to close the book on this because the original plan was four. I know MY plan is not God’s plan, so this is something I’ll just have to let be.
- Looking at old pictures of the kids also makes me want to do a ton of flashback posts on here. I used to do Way Back When-esday and need to start up something like that again. I wish blogging is something I had started a long time ago, like pre-wedding even, to have all of us documented in one place.
- So even if my uterus doesn’t quite ache when I see a wee little baby anymore (okay, sometimes it still totally does, since I’m spilling my guts here & all) let me make yours ache instead:
Vintage Tucker, Lilah, & Lexie. Swooooon! Man, Mike & I make pretty babies.