Kelly of Kelly’s Korner is hosting her yearly Show Us Your Life (SUYL for short) Home series. I’ve participated before, but since our house has had a few changes here and there, decided to join in again.
This week? Living rooms. Looking back at the last time I participated (almost two years ago!) I can’t believe how much has changed & how much has stayed the same. I find it hilarious that a few projects I was hoping to get Mike to do (TWO YEARS AGO!?) are still not done (my faux fireplace and adding the glass knob, that I still have, to the blue side table). There are also a few projects of my own that I have never finished (like figuring out what to do with the corner where our air vent is located).
I am so glad that I re-painted the living room and got rid of that awful golden color. It really wasn’t that overwhelming in person, but in pictures? My, oh, my, it was bad.
Here’s what our living room looks like today (well, this is actually what it looked like two days ago when I took the pictures. Today? I little messier seeing as it’s a rainy evening and we are stuck at home, the kids running rampant through the house).
Looking from our bedroom door.
Looking from the playroom.
Want to see what I still have planned for this room and find out a few little tid bits about this room?
1. That curtain rod is left over from Christmas. It’s where I hung our stockings (idea inspired by Pinterest, of course) and I’ve yet to take it down. I know, such a procrastinator!
2. This hutch was Mike’s grandparents. It’s actually an old Disney piece (not really sure where at it would have been used). His grandparent’s used to go to these auctions that Disney would hold and got this there. I love it.
3. I plan on making some new pillow covers this summer, I want to spruce up the couches a bit and I figured that would be the perfect way to do so.
1. That box with the wedding bells on it? It was made by Mike’s aunt & uncle who are really good at working with wood. It was used out our wedding reception for all of our cards. It still holds the cards and a few sentimental pieces from our wedding as well.
2. I painted this K using four canvases and it is probably one of my favorite pieces in this room.
3. This is the spot in which I’m still waiting for my faux fireplace to occupy. Maybe by this Christmas?!
Head on over to Kelly’s Korner and check out some gorgeous living rooms. I know my husband won’t be very happy that this link up has started, seeing as I’m going to get the itch to work on tons of house projects after looking at all of the other homes! I can’t wait to start browsing!