Show Us Your Life: Living Rooms

Kelly of Kelly’s Korner is hosting her yearly Show Us Your Life (SUYL for short) Home series. I’ve participated before, but since our house has had a few changes here and there, decided to join in again.

This week? Living rooms. Looking back at the last time I participated (almost two years ago!) I can’t believe how much has changed & how much has stayed the same. I find it hilarious that a few projects I was hoping to get Mike to do (TWO YEARS AGO!?) are still not done (my faux fireplace and adding the glass knob, that I still have, to the blue side table). There are also a few projects of my own that I have never finished (like figuring out what to do with the corner where our air vent is located).

I am so glad that I re-painted the living room and got rid of that awful golden color. It really wasn’t that overwhelming in person, but in pictures? My, oh, my, it was bad.

Here’s what our living room looks like today (well, this is actually what it looked like two days ago when I took the pictures. Today? I little messier seeing as it’s a rainy evening and we are stuck at home, the kids running rampant through the house).

DSC_0006

Looking from our bedroom door.

DSC_0017

Looking from the playroom.

Want to see what I still have planned for this room and find out a few little tid bits about this room?

DSC_0006_1

1. That curtain rod is left over from Christmas. It’s where I hung our stockings (idea inspired by Pinterest, of course) and I’ve yet to take it down. I know, such a procrastinator!

2. This hutch was Mike’s grandparents. It’s actually an old Disney piece (not really sure where at it would have been used). His grandparent’s used to go to these auctions that Disney would hold and got this there. I love it.

3. I plan on making some new pillow covers this summer, I want to spruce up the couches a bit and I figured that would be the perfect way to do so.

DSC_0017_1

1. That box with the wedding bells on it? It was made by Mike’s aunt & uncle who are really good at working with wood. It was used out our wedding reception for all of our cards. It still holds the cards and a few sentimental pieces from our wedding as well.

2. I painted this K using four canvases and it is probably one of my favorite pieces in this room.

3. This is the spot in which I’m still waiting for my faux fireplace to occupy. Maybe by this Christmas?!

Head on over to Kelly’s Korner and check out some gorgeous living rooms. I know my husband won’t be very happy that this link up has started, seeing as I’m going to get the itch to work on tons of house projects after looking at all of the other homes! I can’t wait to start browsing!

Heather is the founder of Life as we know it with Two Twinkies & a Tator Tot: the blog. From home DIY to weekly fashion of an everyday mom, wife, and teacher to stories about surviving life with three kids, you can find it here. Heather is keeping it real and telling it like it is. You can also find her on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin, Instagram, and Pinterest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

14 Responses to Show Us Your Life: Living Rooms

1. Melanie says:

I love your living room and LOVE the canvas with a K. That is such a GREAT idea!!
    Melanie recently posted..Our week in I-Phone pictures!My Profile

2. Chrissy says:

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your wood flooring. Good luck with all your future projects!

3. Melissa says:

The painting is gorgeous! and the rug is perfect with the furniture..Great room!
    Melissa recently posted..What is ministry?My Profile

4. Rona says:

Thanks for sharing that you made the “K”. I think I go do it too! What an amazing space, colors and flooring.
    You’re home is beautifully decorated. The mix of colors and textures is wonderful.
    You’ve done an amazing job!
    I’m having so much fun visiting SUYL participants. I’ve been able to get some great decorating ideas and see some lovely living rooms.
    Rona recently posted..We Loved Watching "Hatfields & McCoys" on The History ChannelMy Profile

5. JULIE PRICE says:

Hi there . . . thanks for stopping by my lil ole blog. Very nice to meet you!

You asked about the sectional . . . we purchased it from a local dealer named Shermans. We ordered it specifically to fit our room four years ago. We love it!

We did a huge addition and remodel four years ago as well. We love our space, light and living in our home. With four little boys running around we definitely need rough and tough.

Your “living room” is lovely! I love the K and crafty things! Pinterest is a favorite of mine as well! Love the sofa colors and the rug!

6. MariaElena says:

Love, love your living room! Your area rug is gorgeous!

7. Hayley says:

Love the canvas ‘K’….and the ledge to put stuff on….so fun!
    Hayley recently posted..Living Room TourMy Profile

8. Natashajk says:

I love your rug and the blue flowered couch cushions (even though you want to change them!). And a curtain rod to hang stockings on is awesome! I am so going to do that.

9. Erin says:

Nice living room, I love the colors. The cart was given to me as a gift but bought from an antique store. I believe it was pretty inexpensive.

10. I’m obsessed with that “K”. Great job!! I wonder if I could do that with an “R”. Your living room looks great! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)
    Jamie @ Roubinek Reality recently posted..Our Living RoomMy Profile

11. [...] even a little amendment to my SUYL: Living Rooms post because I realized I never showed you the part of our living room with this chair & side [...]

12. Julie Rogers says:

Love the shelves that stand against the wall:) Cute room!!!
    Julie Rogers recently posted..Favorite Fridays and a Peek into our Living Rooms!My Profile

13. Nancy says:

I love your decor! I need stuff for my walls & this post inspired me!
    Very pretty!

14. Susanne says:

thanks for stopping by my blog. i love your rug and that cool canvas art you made!
    Susanne recently posted..show us your life…living roomsMy Profile