Fall started less than a week ago, and I’ve made exactly three pumpkin related recipes in just over a week. Which only means my waistline is really going to take a hitting this holiday season.
I was never a huge pumpkin fan growing up, still not a huge pumpkin pie fan (unless it’s the cream cheese version my mom makes), but a few years ago I grew to love all things (other than pumpkin pie) pumpkin.
Pumpkin cookies. Pumpkin roll. Pumpkin muffins. Pumpkin coffee. Mmmm….pumpkin!
Adding to the list this year? Pumpkin spice granola.
I was hoping this granola would be more like the granola I get at BJ’s that is the clumpy, good for snacking, kind. This granola turned out more like the cereal kind, which has been great for adding to my yogurt in the mornings.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 5 oz almonds (half a bag)
- 1/2 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325. Mix oats and spices in a bowl, spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
2. While oats are baking, chop (or pound in a ziplock bag) almonds. Mix honey, vanilla, and brown sugar.
3. Remove oats from the oven (turn oven down to 300), spread honey mixture over the oats and add the almonds & raisins. Mix well with a spatula until all honey has been spread through out the oats and they are evenly spread across the pan again.
4. Pop back in the oven and back another 20-25 minutes, stirring at least once in between.
5. Devour! The end.