WIWW: Shopping my closet.

pleated poppyThis actually should be titled: Shopping my closet & brown riding boots.

I think I have an addiction. You will notice the one similarity (well, there is actually more than one similarity in all of these outfits, but, one big on) is the riding boots. I got them on sale at Old Navy the week before my birthday and I LOVE THEM (all caps necessary, of course).

Okay, back to the shopping my closet part.

A few weeks ago, I saw this post about shopping your own closet. Mel of The Larson Lingo was inspired by a blog called, Pinterest Told Me To (great blog, check it out!). Since Mel’s post I’ve been checking out my fashion board on Pinterest and comparing the pieces on it to what I might actually have in my closet. Funny thing, I have actually been able to find quite a bit.

striped skirt

Outfit One: I was super nervous about wearing this outfit. I think it was the whole boot-skirt combo. It was also the first time I had worn my new boots. I didn’t have a denim button down (like in the Pinterest inspired picture) so I opted to “fall” it up a bit with the burnt orange top instead.

brown riding boots

Outfit Two: I wore this for Tucker’s Thanksgiving Feast at school. The jeans in the boots is SO comfortable. The only thing I didn’t do with this outfit that the Pinterest outfit did, was add the earrings & bracelets. Those kind of accessories are the things I forget most when putting an outfit together.

WIWW

Outfit Three: This was my date night outfit. Mike and I went out for dinner & shopping to celebrate my birthday, kid free, last weekend. It was just barely cold enough Saturday evening for me to wear the boots (I actually started our date with flats on and brought the boots along for if it got cooler as the night went on, lucky for me, it did!). I think these boots are my new favorite go-to item! Now, I think I need a black pair as well! My gold accessories are a little different than the ones in the Pinterest outfit, but gold jewelry just the same.

Heather is the founder of Life as we know it with Two Twinkies & a Tator Tot: the blog. From home DIY to weekly fashion of an everyday mom, wife, and teacher to stories about surviving life with three kids, you can find it here. Heather is keeping it real and telling it like it is. You can also find her on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, Bloglovin, Instagram, and Pinterest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

35 Responses to WIWW: Shopping my closet.

1. Sage Grayson says:

Good job! I think you pulled off those outfits with items you already own very well. I forget to put on accessories too, especially bracelets.
    Sage Grayson recently posted..Law of Attraction PlaylistMy Profile

2. Ashley says:

You are so great with recreating these outfits!! I love finding inspiration online and then shopping my closet!
    Ashley recently posted..3 OutfitsMy Profile

3. Ashley says:

I love all these outfits, but the striped skirt is my favorite. Those boots are awesome… and I’ve been guilty of wearing mine with pretty much everything lately too. Stopping by from WIWW.

4. You did an awesome job of shopping your closet! New follower here, found you through WIWW. I’ll be guest posting at Pinterest Told Me To next week with my Pinterest inspired oufits. It is a great blog!
    Alison @ Get Your Pretty On recently posted..Orange + PlumMy Profile

5. Paige says:

Nice job! I am so inspired by outfit number 1…I may try to pull that one off too :)
    Paige recently posted..Happy AnniversaryMy Profile

6. Cute outfits! You did a great job of recreating the Pinterest originals. I do that all the time too. It is such a great source of inspiration. Just stopping by from The Pleated Poppy~Happy Thanksgiving!~
    Jessie @ Dream & Differ recently posted..What I Wore WednesdayMy Profile

7. Katie says:

You look so great- I love each outfit! You definitely nailed the last one, especially! LOVE it! :) And skirts/dresses with boots is definitely a favorite look of mine.

Happy Wednesday!

xo
    Katie recently posted..What I Wore Wed-nes-day: This Dress Changed My MindMy Profile

8. I love outfit 3!

Dropping in from WIWW!
    Sheena @ A Girl’s Guide to Retail Therapy
    Sheena @ A Girl’s Guide To Retail Therapy recently posted..What I Wore Wednesday 11-21-12My Profile

9. Rebecca says:

I’ve been trying to work creatively with what I already have, too. It’s amazing what you can come up with when you really try! Camel colored boots are my wear-with-everything favorite piece, too–they make everything look fashionable! Love, love, love your striped skirt!
    Rebecca recently posted..Skirt + Button Up + CardiganMy Profile

10. Yeah!!!! Love your pinterest inspired outfits!!!!
    Mel @ The Larson Lingo recently posted..Mel’s Italian Sausage Lasanga + $100 Visa Gift Card Giveaway!My Profile

11. Lindsay says:

Love every single one of these outfits! Such great inspiration and you pulled each look off perfectly!
    Lindsay recently posted..thanksgiving style!My Profile

12. peggy says:

Love all the renditions you did on these outfits! Found you via WIWW. I have a singleton and twins also – they are 17 months apart! And now they are 14 and 12, time flies!! Enjoy!
    peggy recently posted..Layers and CropsMy Profile

• I can’t wait to check out your blog since you are a fellow mom of twins + 1! I have to,ask…was when they were 5 & 3 a hard age??? We seem to be struggling a bit with behavior right now…any suggestions or advice??? I can’t imagine what it will be like when mine are 14 & 12. Ahhhh!
      TwinkieTotMom recently posted..WIWW: Fall Edition.My Profile

13. Love your outfits. I actually did the same thing today…took inspiration from someone else’s outfit and shopped my closet. So fun.

The boots look great with the skirt in outfit number one. You did a good job of interpreting all the styles and recreating them. I’d wear every outfit. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving.
    ~FringeGirl
    The Domestic Fringe recently posted..A Few Things Every Parent Should KnowMy Profile

14. nicholl says:

you rocked those!

Would love to have you stop by and say hello at thechiffondiary.com :) happy Thanksgiving! xo

15. Marla says:

Great idea!! I will have to do the same with looking at pinterest and shopping my closet!
    Marla recently posted..All of our Fall Fun…. Wrapped into One: Tot and Preschool AcitivitesMy Profile

16. Sheaffer says:

LOVE your outfits! You are too cute! And thanks soooo much for the blog shout out! Super sweet of you!
    Sheaffer :)

17. Amanda says:

I think you did great translating each of those outfits! I really need to try more of that myself; not like I don’t have a full Pinterest board to choose from! ;)
    Amanda recently posted..Tuesday 10: Holiday MoviesMy Profile

18. [...] tried to use Pinterest again this week to help style a few of my outfits as of late. The first one has a warmer look with my darker scarf [...]