It’s crazy that another year has come & gone, making it time yet again for another Ultimate Blog Party hosted by the lovely ladies at 5 Minutes for Mom. This is my fourth year participating in the party happenings and I’ve loved making new friends with each passing party.
For those of you new here at Life as we know it…, I’m Heather, writer of said blog and wearer of many hats. I’m a wife, mother, daughter sister, friend, teacher, blogger, chauffeur cook… Oh, I’m sure the list could go on & on. Most of you are mom’s yourself and know the drill. I thought it might be fun to share five random facts about myself, to break the ice & all, so here goes.
1. Although I consider myself a pretty good homemaker when it comes to cleaning, organizing, cooking, and decorating, I loathe doing laundry. It is my least favorite chore; although it’s the thing my mom is best at(tied for her cooking I’d say) when it comes to doing things around her house. I obviously did not learn that from her. Probably because she was always doing my laundry growing up!
2. Just because I hate the washing/folding/putting away part of “laundry” doesn’t mean I hate it all. I actually enjoy the ironing part and iron all my clothes (heck, I iron all of my entire family’s clothes too, every day, including the kid’s stuff). I’ve had friends joke before that I probably even iron my underwear (promise I don’t!).
3. I’m a condiment junkie. I love all dips, sauces, & dressings and usually overuse them on my food. One time the guy at Chick-fil-a asked me if I wanted some chicken to go with my sauce!
4. I was on the school newspaper in elementary school (yes, we had one at my elementary school & I even started one at my school when I was first teaching but it didn’t catch on like I’d hoped, maybe I’ll try again) and in high school and I sometimes regret not going into journalism as a career. Must be why I enjoy blogging so much today.
5. I’m a quick learn. Show me something once and I’ve usually got it and will never forget it. But, my memory sucks when it comes to remember simple things like toilet paper on a grocery run. Oops.
Okay, enough about me. What to know a little more about the rest of the people I blog about here day in & day out?
My husband (or hubs as I dub him on here from time to time) is Mike. We’ve been together for over 10 years and have been married for 6 & half years. Mike is an assistant superintendent (or at least almost is, we’ve had big job changes for him this past year that I’ve yet to blog about because it’s not quite official yet) of the drywall division for a company based in Alabama that is currently expanding their company to Florida. He has worked his butt off for a position like this and I couldn’t be more proud of him. Because of his handiness in this field, I often talk him into being Mr. Handyman around our house. We bought it three years ago and have worked super hard on turning it from house to home. Together we have three kids who fill the gaps of any down-time we manage to find.
Tucker, our first born, will be six in October, and is turning into such a little man. It’s amazing to watch him go from baby to toddler to boy. He’s in pre-k this year and has learned so much and loves going to school each day (which makes his teacher momma very proud). Tucker’s favorite things right now are Thomas the Train, Ninja Turtles, and wrestling with daddy.
Lilah, baby a (yes, we have twins that will be four in July!), is our strong-willed redhead. If you’ve ever heard stories about redheads & their temperaments believe me, they are true! Although Lilah is our middle child, she acts more like the baby of the family and it’s funny how that role just seems to fit. Lilah’s favorites right now are baby dolls, playing with your hair, and thinking she’s in charge of her brother & sister.
Lexie, baby b, is a stereotypical baby b when you read about characteristics of twins. She’s our laid back (aka lazy!) girl who is content to go with the flow. She’s a little quirky (okay, we call her weird!) and always makes us laugh. Lexie’s favorite things right now are t.v. (she’s glued to it any chance she gets), any kind of stuffed animal, and doing whatever her big brother is doing.
When I started this blog over three years ago, I never expected for it to evolve into what it has. I never expected it to feel like a part of my life the way it does. & I never expected it to be something that I can’t ever imagine quitting This blog is mostly about our family and what we know (how little it really may be) about being parents to our three, but it has become so much more than that as well. This blog is about our family & our friends. It’s about our home & the projects we have done around it. It’s about teaching, it’s about learning, it’s about life. I do reviews from time to time, offer giveaways on occasion and usually make just enough money to pay any fees I wrack up to run this blog and maybe buy a trinket or two for myself a couple times a year.
But most importantly, this blog is about relationships. The ones I have in real life & the ones I’ve made by blogging & tweeting & instagraming & pinteresting & facebooking & on & on & on. So, this year, I look forward to many more friends finding their way to Life as we know it… and for me to find a few new friends myself as I party it up for the Ultimate Blog Party 2013!