I haven’t traveled the way some people have. I’m not a plane person, which makes wanting to travel to far off places a little less likely to happen for myself. In high school I had big plans to go to Greece with the Latin Club, deposit made and itinerary all set up. But then 9-11 happened and our trip was cancelled out of safety. I have to admit, I was a little relieved because I think I would have needed a sedative (or ten) to travel over the ocean on a plane.
So for me, car traveling is my thing. The places I’ve been and enjoyed are:
- Helen, GA
- Colorado (I’d love to take the kids out west to ski when they are older, even though I’ve never snow skied myself)
- Birmingham, AL
- Savannah, GA
- The state of Tennessee (it would be a place we’d love to live one day, but I don’t know if it will ever happen)
Places I’d love to visit:
- Greece (seeing as I am Greek, it would be fun to visit such a beautiful place and meet my family that is there)
- California (Tucker talks about California all the time, I think because of Cars, but he really wants to visit it one day)
- New York City
- Washington, D.C. (another place I’d love to take the kids one day when they are old enough to appreciate the history of it)
- the Carolina beaches (I would love to rent a house on the water and have a different beach experience then the ones we have here in FL)
*I’m participating in Blogember with A Happy Girl this month. Today’s prompt? 10 places you’ve loved visiting or would like to visit.