It was just a year ago that I wore my first long maxi skirt. In the 365 days that have passed since then, my love of the maxi skirt has grown tenfold.
They only reason I know that it was a year ago yesterday that I wore my first floor-length maxi is because of my timehop app (no, I don’t keep track of my favorite outfits and how long they stay my favorite, er, minus these wiww posts I guess). My first maxi skirt was a heather gray a coral stripped maxi that is still one of my favorites to wear today, although my collection has grown a bit since then.
& today marks my most recent addition.
Yes, #targetdoesitagain (& 10% off my the Cartwheel app!)
There are so many reasons why I love this skirt, and all of my other long maxi skirts. Here are my top five reasons:
- They can be dressed down or dressed up. I can wear one of these just lounging around the house by pairing it with a tank top and bare feet or I can dress it up for work with a flowy blouse, great accent necklace, and strappy pair of sandals.
- They pair perfectly with layers. I love adding a denim jacket, cardigan, or scarf to an outfit with a maxi.
- They work in a variety of weather. Just think about it, because they pair so nicely with layers, they obviously can be warmed up for cool weather or cooled down for warm weather. It was in the mid 50s this morning and my denim jacket kept me warm until it warmed up, but I can also wear this same maxi this summer without being hot.
- They look good on every body type. I have yet to see someone that doesn’t look good in a maxi (or doesn’t love the maxi they are in, as well!) When you love what you are wearing, you feel better in what you are wearing.
- They are super affordable. I’ve never spent more than $15 on my maxi skirts. Can’t beat that.
Can you add something to my list? Why do you love your maxi skirt?