Here’s new & improved Fall to-do list! If ya’ll haven’t previously guessed, I’m a huge list-maker & do it for pretty much every area of my life! I really enjoy seeing things marked off a well made list & feeling a sense of accomplishment!
Add landscape in the backyard now that the fence is up(we added a shed & now need to do the landscaping) Find & buy cheap wood baseball bats for Tucker’s room, cut in half, and hang on wall as railing. Finish decorating the kids bathroom. Which means getting the girls tub pictures taken…Tucker had his done at like 9 months old and the girls are almost twice that age now! Ah!(Just one or two little projects to finish up in here) Find something to decorate my empty corner in the living room. (Did that during the fall & never updated!) Find a rug for the living room. (Found one at Lowes this past weekend & it was 10% off!)
- Have Mike make my faux fireplace and hang the flat screen t.v. above it. Totally for decoration purposes (especially for the holidays so we better get on it! for 2011!) and gorgeous in my head!
Turn the kitchen fridge into a giant chalkboard…I hate the fingerprints on the stainless and I saw this somewhere and think it will work for us! Find a decorative metal wall hanging for above my tub. Did that in the fall as well! Find and hang a decorative fork and spoon in the kitchen. Found fork, spoon, and knife at our new Hobby Lobby (I LOVE THAT PLACE! And am so happy we have one near us now!) I spent $35 for all three…picture to come! Pull up the carpet in the living room and playroom and lay some sort of wood flooring instead. Did it in the fall as well…man, were we busy! Paint the foyer and the kid’s hallway.(I do have one more project I want to do in here, shouldn’t take too long) Paint our bedroom…STRIPES! First project of 2011…completed by day 6 of the new year! Mike is going to build a pergola in the backyard over our patio. Did it this spring…have to paint it now, adding that to the list. Paint the pergola.
- Finish the fence around our garbage cans! Oh, so much fun!
Build this for the girls bedroom as we transition them to big girl beds. Update the girls bedroom (Paint trees to go with the owl bedding, switch out the bedding, do new names) Re-do Tucker’s room (thinking gray with yellow…his favorite color…a chalkboard painted on one wall, pops of orange or green, robots, chevron stripe curtains, a built in desk in his closet). Trying to go more big boy since he’ll be four & starting school in the next few years. Re-paint the living room. Yes, I’m the queen of paint. Thinking a neutral like something on this page.
- Finish the curtains in the playroom.
- Make some uber cute baby stuff for friends of mine who are momma’s-to-be! This is a continual work in progress. I have lots of babies to make for!
Think (and this is totally just a thought thus far) about finding some sort of niche & try to create & sell it in an Etsy shop. Started…up & running! Make the girl’s Easter dresses. Accomplished with LOTS of help from my mom.
- Make curtains for our room & possibly a new comforter to go with these new navy wall hangings I got uber cheap at Target.
Make curtains for the pergola. Working on right now…
- Continue working on teaching Tucker his ABC’s and counting (he’s really into counting lately). Now that he’s started “school” I think this will really start to happen. He knows letters A-H, M, O, P, S, T (and the word STOP, from STOP signs, haha!), can sing his ABC’s, and can count from 1-10 always on his own, sometimes even up to 20! He loves school!
- Play in the yard in the evenings as much as possible on the kid’s new swing set! We do this all the time & will continue to until it gets too hot in this blasted state of Florida!
Go to Gatorland…Tucker drove past it with Mike a few weeks ago and he told Mike he wanted to go. We finally went a few weeks ago! I need to do a good post on it though. Tucker & the girls (and Mike & I) had a blast! Go to Disney. We took Tucker to Disney for the first time just after he turned one. So we figure it’s time to hit it up again, for the girl’s first trip and for Tucker to really enjoy it this time around.Had so much fun this fall at Disney & cannot wait to go back! Go on a weekend away family vacation with our friend’s the Nicholson’s & their two boys! Headed to Tampa for spring break!We had so much fun & for having five kids age 4 & under they were all so well behaved!
- Go to the beach! Still going to do more of that this summer but we went Memorial Day Weekend to start this season.
- Accomplish as much as possible off this list as we can this summer while I’m home!